Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring Buddies

At our school we do Snow Buddies and Spring Buddies. Each person who wants to participate fills out a survey and then you put it in a large jar. When the time comes you choose a survey from the jar and that is your Buddy. For one week you will secretly place a little surprise each day for them. Then on Friday we have a breakfast and you bring a larger gift for your buddy and that is when you reveal yourself. I had fun making things for my spring buddy. She said her favorite color was red and that she liked healthy stuff so I had a blast with Stampin' Up's Tart and Tangy stamp set paired with the Summer Picnic paper!

This started out as a plain white gift bag. I used the cherry stamp from SU's Tart & Tangy. I used markers to color it red and green and then stamped all over the bag. It wasn't fun but I loved the way it turned out. I have always liked red and black so I added black and loved it even more. I used my Nestabilities to make the large circles for the tag. I used many different ribbons to decorate the handles. I almost didn't want to give it away!

My Spring Buddy's favorite scent was Clean Linen so I got her a candle, but it wouldn't fit in her mailbox so I had to put it in a bag with her name on it. Since I tried to keep the theme of cherries with all her stuff I had to find a way to use this bag and put cherries on it. It had a label I needed to cover up so here is the result. I like the way this one turned out too!

The final gift was several bags of dried fruit. I bought a red gift bag that I was going to stuff with tissue paper that I stamped cherries on. I realized that I didn't have any tissue paper. UGH! So I found this basket and improvised. I wrapped a ribbon around it for a little more pizazz...I also made a pinwheel and a coaster notebook and pen. I hope she enjoyed all her gifts as much as I enjoyed making them.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Very cute! I think I like the 2nd gift bag the best! The basket with the pinwheel is very ingenious too.

Jane

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! How did you make the pinwheel?

Judy